BlackLight PDF Reports Containing Apple Emojis Workaround for Windows
As many well know, Apple and Microsoft products are not always easily compatible. We have discovered that some Apple emojis found on Mac OS X and iOS (iPhone/iPad) devices are not recognizable on a Windows OS. This might interfere with Windows users trying to generate a BlackLight PDF report that contains Apple emoji characters.
The following is a workaround that only requires a few extra steps:
1. Choose HTML for the Report format and open the HTML using Google Chrome web browser
2. Click on Google Chrome menu located in the upper right-hand corner and select Print
3. Click on Change button and select ‘Save as PDF’
4. Click on the Save button
Note: FireFox and Internet Explorer can also be used to convert HTML to PDF. This issue does not impact Mobilyze users.
forensics research and development, and corporate investigations, our team understands forensics. Digital Forensics is more challenging than ever before due to advancements in technology. The BlackBag Team exists to find solutions for these challenges, thereby empowering our customers to seek, reveal, and preserve the truth.Meet some of our experts at https://www.blackbagtech.com/company/our-team/
Latest posts by BlackBag Team (see all)
- Triaging with MacQuisition - February 18, 2020
- BlackLight – Ingestion of Cellebrite Mobile Extractions - February 5, 2020
- Getting Through the Data Quickly - December 4, 2019