Immediate Opening - Senior Development Manager (San Jose, Austin or New Orleans)
BlackBag Technologies, a premiere data forensics software firm, is seeking a Senior Development Manager to lead a team of 10 developers building fast, scalable, and high performance digital forensics software.
Established in 2003, BlackBag is stable and well funded. We provide Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows forensic solutions. BlackBag acknowledges the growing challenges faced by forensic examiners and legal professionals in the digital forensics field and is dedicated to creating flexible, multi-platform compatible software and comprehensive training solutions.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader, a great communicator and highly organized. You have a bias for action and bringing a results oriented approach to building complex, data intensive software. Ideally you possess an intellectual curiosity for understanding how data is stored on disk, in memory and in virtualized environments. In this role, you will be expected to acquire a deep technical understanding of our products; plan, manage, and execute a development roadmap that supports the product strategy; and promote a culture of communication amongst developers.
- Collaborate closely with product marketing to drive the execution of the product roadmap
- Lead a team of talented engineers to develop software applications based on customer demand
- Track and manage key engineering metrics to improve quality, performance and morale
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices in the team
- Maintain effective relationships with strategic partners to enhance our core competencies
- Communicate key updates, decisions and changes to multiple cross-functional groups
- MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of software development of applications with experience in leading and managing software development teams
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to break down complex problems
- Ability to see multiple solutions to problems and choose the right one for the situation
- Lead by example and demonstrate the following characteristics: Do what you say; move fast; make things happen
- Ability to travel (most likely quarterly)
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check
- Security clearance a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- You’ll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, life/disability insurance and more).
- You’ll love a challenging work environment, amazing colleagues, a dynamic, fluid market with the ability to make a difference.
BlackBag Technologies has teams in San Jose (Headquarters), New Orleans, and Austin and is looking for candidates in any one of these markets.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.