BlackBag Releases BlackLight 2019 R1 With Powerful New Features
BlackLight 2019 R1 is officially released with several important updates, improvements and new features that BlackBag is excited for customers to take on their next case.
San Jose, CA – April 24, 2019 – BlackBag is excited to announce several new enhancements to the go-to forensic analysis tool. These include:
- Built-in Image Categorization using Image Analyzer
• Smart Indexing – Initial Release
• Logical Evidence Files (EnCase© .L01 format) export option
• New Investigative Notes option
• Ability to ingest AFF4 evidence from MacQuisition 2019 R1 to support latest Apple systems with the T2 chip or APFS Fusion
• Time Capsule and Time Machine improved support
• Photo DNA and Project Vic updated support
• Windows 10 and Apple Mojave system artifacts improvements
• Added GoPRO LRV filetype support
To learn more about the latest BlackLight release, click here.
Top 3 New Features
1. IMAGE CATEGORIZATION
Image categorization reduces review time by revealing images and videos that may contain categories of interest. BlackLight now includes Image Analyzer’s latest technology for machine learning based image analysis. Image Analyzer is a proven solution with years of experience in categorizing images. With Image Analyzer technology built in, users can run image categorization across pictures and videos with no Internet connection.
For this release, BlackLight looks for the following categories:
All available threat categories run when using Image Categorization in BlackLight.
2. SMART INDEXING
Creating an index of text documents on a device allows an examiner to quickly find if a particular topic is mentioned within the evidence set. The process of creating an index has historically been time-consuming and resulted in bloated cases sizes. However, new advancements around indexing allow BlackLight to provide users with a quick and efficient index. Once built, investigators can follow where the leads take them. Make fast sequential queries of the index for words without waiting for a traditional search of the drive contents.
An Index Search allows the examiner to search for:
• Specific words
• Combinations of words in the same documents
• File size
3. EXPORT FILES TO LOGICAL EVIDENCE FILES (.L01)
The EnCase® Logical Evidence File Format (L01) is widely supported by Forensic and eDiscovery tools and preserves file content, metadata, and folder structure. BlackLight now allows you to create Logical Evidence Files directly as an export option.
Please see the release notes here for more specific changes and updates about these new features and improvements.
As always, BlackBag recommends users update to the latest version, to ensure the software is functioning properly and has all available fixes. Update to the latest release here or visit BlackBag’s blog to learn more. To learn more about BlackLight, request a quote, request a trial, or renew your license, click here.
About BlackBag Technologies:
BlackBag® Technologies offers innovative forensic acquisition and analysis tools for both Windows and Mac OS X based computers, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices. Its forensic software is used by hundreds of federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies around the world, as well as by leading corporations and consultants, to investigate all types of digital evidence associated with both criminal, civil and internal investigations. BlackBag® Technologies also develops and delivers expert forensics training and certification programs, designed for both novice and experienced forensics professionals. To learn more, visit www.blackbagtech.com. Media inquiries should be sent to Julie O’Shea, Manager, Global Marketing, at email@example.com.
- BlackBag Announces Release of BlackLight 2020 R1 - April 20, 2020
- BlackBag Announces New Live Instructor-led Virtual Training Courses - March 24, 2020
- BlackBag Announces Release of MacQuisition 2020 R1 - February 20, 2020