BlackBag Technologies Supports UK Technology Learning Days
BlackBag Technologies is proudly supporting the In-force Technology Learning Days for Digital Media Investigators (DMIs) being hosted throughout England, UK.
UK Police Forces now have over 2000 DMIs who have become pivotal in nearly every investigation. DMIs are also frontline advisors to Senior Investigating Oﬃcers on the digital investigation strategy, so keeping up-to-date with the latest technology is also vital in their role.
Throughout September and October these learning days, delivered by The Investigator, will give DMIs the opportunity to be briefed first hand on the latest developments in digital technology and in new techniques and equipment to improve their digital investigation skills and the effectiveness and efficiency of their investigations.
Tim Thorne, Forensic Analyst & Instructor at BlackBag Technologies, will be part of the expert panel. Prior to joining BlackBag Technologies in 2016, Tim was a Detective Sergeant (Digital Forensics Manager) for the Metropolitan Police Service in SO15 Counter Terrorism Command. Tim now provides technical support, forensic analysis and training to BlackBag Technologies’ clients in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. With over 30 years’ service with the Metropolitan Police Service, including 14 years experience in digital media exploitation; computer, mobile phone, and network forensic investigations, Tim is perfectly placed to brief these investigators.
The In-force Technology Learning Days are being held in five UK police regions in September and October. Tim, alongside other experts, will be presenting in areas such as:
- Best practice around search and seizure; Triage
- Best practice around the mobile phone evidence – attribution, association of suspects, witnesses and victim
- Dealing with big data and prioritising mobile phone evidence and ensuring it is evidentially sound
The In-force Technology Learning Days are being hosted throughout England, UK on:
- 13 September – South West region to DMIs from Devon and Cornwall Police, Dorset Police, Avon and Somerset Police, Wiltshire Police, Gloucestershire Constabulary
- 26 September – Midlands region to DMIs from West Midlands Police, Staffordshire Police, Warwickshire Police, West Mercia Police
- 2 October – North West region to DMIs from Lancashire Constabulary, Merseyside Police, Greater Manchester Police, Cheshire Constabulary, North Wales Police, Cumbria Constabulary
- 3 October – South East region to DMIs from Hampshire Constabulary, Thames Valley Police, Surrey Police, Sussex Police, British Transport Police, City of London Police
- 24 October – Eastern region to DMIs from Bedfordshire Police, Kent Police, Essex Police, Norfolk Constabulary, Suffolk Constabulary, Cambridgeshire Constabulary, Hertfordshire Constabulary
Latest posts by BlackBag PR (see all)
- Cellebrite Acquires BlackBag Technologies - January 14, 2020
- BlackBag Announces Release of BlackLight 2019 R3 - December 16, 2019
- BlackBag Technologies Partners with Passware to Provide Full Disk Decryption in New BlackLight Release - November 18, 2019