Examiners may use BlackLight as a time-saving data triage tool, or as an advanced forensic examination tool depending on the circumstance. To learn more, please view the quick feature videos to the right, or use the drop down menus below which detail the many BlackLight features.
ADD TO CART REQUEST A QUOTE
The BlackLight Details view provides a visual display of configurations and usage for each device in your case file, including:
- Device type, OS version, serial number, UDID, and IMEI
- Artifact summary statistics for documents, emails, movies, calls, voicemail, and more
- Device user account information and common Internet account information for applications such as Twitter and iCloud
- Recent usage history, including dialed phone numbers (with associated contact information), last running applications, and most recent web-based location searches.
BlackLight's signature File Filter view includes examiner-defined filter options to quickly pinpoint relevant data within large data sets. Filter criteria include:
- File name, kind, size, or extension
- Date created, modified, or accessed
- Picture metadata attributes, including GPS coordinates and camera (iOS device) type
- Positive and negative hash set filtering
Examiners may apply any number of filters or inverse filters to quickly isolate important data from system files or base application files. BlackLight comes with several pre-set file filters, including those that filter by file type, file attribute, geolocation coordinates, and source device type.
BlackLight's Media view has built-in support for all commonly used picture and video file types, and it includes several helpful and examiner-oriented analysis features, such as:
- Built-in GPS Mapping:
- All media files containing GPS data will be identified with a placemark badge
- Examiners can view media geolocation data on a Mercator map (offline) or using Google Maps (online) directly from the built-in GPS view
- Proprietary Skin Tone Analysis Algorithm:
- Sort picture and video files by the skin tone percentage contained in the file
- Video Frame Analysis:
- BlackLight initially displays video files as 4x4 frame sequences, allowing examiners to quickly triage multiple video files in order to locate potential evidence
The Communication view in BlackLight allows examiners to see a full log of calls, voicemail, social media activity, and more. Most importantly, examiners can view messaging threads in list view or in their native format, with support for data from:Text Services
BlackLight is designed to make reporting incredibly flexible. Examiners may export large data sets in an easily readable format, and can export reports in a variety of formats to enable easy information sharing with all interested third parties. With BlackLight's Report view, you can:
- Easily tag evidence and include any and all relevant metadata in the examiner report
- Export your report in your choice of formats, including
- Export eDiscovery data to a generic Concordance load file that is compatible with all major review platforms
- Mask (blur) sensitive data contained within examiner reports that may be shared with non-authorized third parties
|Operating System Specification||Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.0) or higher / Windows 7 or higher|
|Compatibility||BlackLight runs on Intel based systems only
BlackLight requires the following additional software:
• iTunes 11.0.1 or newer
• QuickTime 7.6.9 or higher
|Minimum Requirements||2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
500 MB Disk Space (Installation Only)
1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution
|Optimum Requirements||2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7 or better
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
500 MB Disk Space (Installation Only)
1680 x 1050 or higher screen resolution
Each new BlackLight™ software purchase includes a one-year BlackLight™ License Subscription. During this one-year subscription period, you will have full access to our expert technical support and the right to download and install all BlackLight™ software updates and new releases.
Software bug fixes and updates/upgrades are only available to current BlackLight License Subscription holders. However, we do continue to provide full technical support after the BlackLight License Subscription expires. Be sure to renew your BlackLight™ License Subscriptions annually to continue receiving subscription benefits.
For detailed software update instructions, please click here.
Note: If you are running BlackLight on non-networked forensic analysis systems, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with a request to add you to our BlackLight software update e-mail notification list. These e-mail notifications contain instructions for downloading the BlackLight update install package by logging into your customer web account and selecting the My Downloadable Products page. The install package may be downloaded to a networked machine, and transferred to the non-networked machines.
The initial software license price for BlackLight is $2,600 USD (private sector) and $2,200 USD (government). This entitles license holders to all BlackLight software updates at no additional cost for one year. After the one-year license period has expired, customers may purchase a license subscription for $825 per year to continue receiving all BlackLight software updates at no additional cost during the one-year subscription period.
There is no software functionality or customer support penalty if a customer does not renew their BlackLight license subscription. Our BlackLight software remains fully functional, and we continue to provide unlimited technical support to our customers even after a BlackLight license expires. However, customers no longer receive all BlackLight software updates at no additional cost once their license expires.