Uninstalling SoftBlock Prior to Installing Update
Since SoftBlock is a kernel extension, we recommend uninstalling prior versions of the software before installing the new version.
Here’s the step-by-step process:
- Open SoftBlock.
- From the SoftBlock menu, select Uninstall All Software Components.
- At this point, the user is required to authenticate as an admin user.
- When prompted, restart the computer.
- Depending on system configuration, after restart, the user may be presented with a window that reads, "SoftBlock is not installed. Would you like to install SoftBlock?"
- If this window appears, select Quit.
- Open the Applications folder in Finder.
- Locate the old SoftBlock application and move to Trash.
Now the updated SoftBlock application can be installed from the supplied .dmg.
If the old application is not removed from the Applications folder, the user will be presented with the option to either replace the old version or keep both. It is necessary to replace the old version to ensure proper SoftBlock functionality.